Salt and Sand, Fine Art Print
Original artwork by Denisio Truitt printed on archival quality museum-grade paper
- Available in 3 sizes: 5x7", 8x10", 12x18" (actual paper size 5x7", 8.5x11" & 13x19", respectively)
- Printed on 230 gsm acid-free, archival quality matte paper
- Printed exclusively with authentic Canon ChromaLife100+ Inks
- Ready to frame (frame not included)
- Ships in 3-5 business days
The Salt and Sand print is named for the book entitled "Le Reve du Dromadaire" (translation The Dromedary's Dream) by Ivorian poet and writer Tanella Boni. The source photograph in the design comes from an early 20th-century postcard with the caption "Jeunes Krowmen de Drewin”, translation “Young Kru Men from Drewin”.
About the Ancestor Collection
The Ancestor Collection is Denisio Truitt’s latest work that seeks to recontextualize elements of her West-African heritage thru the vehicle of contemporary fashion. This theme is evident in her earlier Dan Mask and West-African Fetish Series'. Here the artist utilizes early 20th century photographs of indigenous West-African peoples and places them within a modern framework as a means of honoring the bridge between past and present.